Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sushi Blues or Sushi Blah?

  



When I walked in I had the option to sit at the bar, sushi bar or in the dining area. With lots of different places to sit and great people working there I am sad to say the sushi doesn't own up to the restaurant itself. 




The waiter I had at Sushi Blues was very friendly and really helped me make my decisions easier while choosing the sushi I wanted. He told me the most popular sushi then I chose one that sounded different to me.






















What made their menu unique is on one side of the menu they had sushi rolls named after celebrities.
                                        The two I chose were the Wolfpack and the Dylan roll.

Jami Upchurch a student at Peace College said, " I don't really like Sushi Blues because I don't feel like the sushi isn't as fresh as other places and it's a little over rated because it's cheap for the college crowd. I rather have quality sushi than a social outlet." 



The Wolfpack has crab, tempura flakes, asparagus, avocado, sesame seeds, spicy mayo, and tobiko.

The Dylan had tuna, cream cheese, avocado, cucumber, roe, and sesame seeds.


I was disappointed in not one but both of my sushi rolls. While trying to dig my way through the sushi to even find the fish I choose it did not taste fresh at all. 

When I took my first bite into my Wolfpack sushi roll all I could taste was the seaweed, rice, and a crunch of nothing. There was really no flavor at all. 

While eating the tuna roll I thought my cream cheesed would be smothered all around the inside of the sushi instead it was a block. It was like biting down into cream cheese by itself. It was not appetizing. 




After all said and done, I do not recommend Sushi Blues.  

No comments:

Post a Comment